Fr Christian Fini - Fr
Christian was instrumental in the development of Oblate Youth Australia
in its inception in the year 2000 at St John Vianneys Parish in
Mulgrave Victoria. Since the formalisation of the leadership and
structure of Oblate Youth Australia he has been the National Director
as appointed by the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate.
Emma Rice - Emma has been an integral part of the Oblate Youth coordination team for
many years. Emma's work with the youth group of Eaglevale has been instrumental in being able to translate the charism of
Oblate Youth for the future generations of youth.
Damien Keady - Damien
Keady has long been involved with Oblate Youth Australia, since some of
the fist meetings of a youth group at St John Vianneys Mulgrave which
grew into OYA. He has travelled the world extensively and has a strong
focus on the Charism of St Eugene de Mazenod as well as a strong
missionary attitude which he uses to contribute to OYA.
Kyle Hoad - Kyle has been a diligent contributor to local and national
groups over the years of her involvement, being involved in youth groups in both NSW and Victoria. He has a strong background
in education and always ensures that the prophetic ideas of the
coordination team are translatable to Oblate Youth members.
Matthew Pilcher - Marc
initially became involved with Oblate Youth Australia through the IOYE in 2008 and has always been at hand to be involved in
any way that he can. His practical attitude and mindset provides a strong logistical
backbone to all of our events.
|CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
A National Co-ordinator must be a person who:
Is an active member of Oblate Youth Australia (OYA) through regular
participation in the National Oblate Youth Encounter (NOYE)
and other Oblate Youth activities.
• Displays and can drive an understanding of and commitment to the national vision of OYA.
• displays a clear desire to serve OYA.
• Is an active member of a Catholic faith community and living witness of the gospel values.
• Identifies with the Oblate charism.
• Demonstrates competencies in leadership, organisational management, communicates the values and vision of OYA and
promotes youth ministry and evangelisation.
• BUILD THE STRATEGY, VISION AND DIRECTION OF OBLATE YOUTH AUSTRALIA
• CO-ORDINATE OBLATE YOUTH AUSTRALIA
• DEVELOP AND SUPPORT NATIONAL OBLATE YOUTH ENCOUNTER
• DEVELOP AND SUPPORT OBLATEYOUTH.COM
BUILD THE STRATEGY, VISION AND DIRECTION OF OBLATE YOUTH AUSTRALIA
• To promote the awareness of faith and Oblate charism and spirituality.
To visit, liaise with and support current youth programs in Oblate
parishes and works and assist with the development of Oblate
Youth groups in local communities where deemed appropriate.
To participate in the development, publishing and distribution of
formation material for local communities, including Lenten and
May Programs and “Scripture and Tradition” sheets.
• To assist in organisation and promoting participation in World Youth Day and other major youth events.
• To engage in all opportunities of training, formation and personal evaluation.
To lead by example and insure that all members conduct themselves as
living witnesses of the Gospel values at OYA activities.
CO-ORDINATE OBLATE YOUTH AUSTRALIA
• To identify, promote, support and drive leadership at all levels of the Oblate Youth structure.
• To participate effectively and promptly in all forms of communication within the Oblate Youth structure.
• To attend scheduled meetings of OYA.
DEVELOP AND SUPPORT NATIONAL OBLATE YOUTH ENCOUNTER
• To contribute and add value to the development of the program for the NOYE.
• To provide facilitation of the NOYE.
DEVELOP AND SUPPORT OBLATEYOUTH.COM
• To contribute compelling material to be published on website, by request.
• To actively participate in online community.